Thursday, September 22, 2005

mindless ramblings

It has been a long time since I have made time to write anything. It is not for lack of things to throw a tirade about; it is simply that I have not had the time. It seems I am pretty emotional today, so perhaps it is time for a good vent!!
A number of topics wracking my brain:
*Able bodied people who do not evacuate when they are told to. HELLO!! You have at least 3 days' notice to get your ass out of the path of a category 4-5 hurricane. Perhaps now is not the time to be a sqautter!!
* The blame game for the gulf coast: I believe with all of my heart that the first ppl that need to be accountable
for the lack of preparation are the mayor and governor of New Orleans. They sat on their cushy butts in Biloxi, made very little preparations or allowances for the elderly, the disabled, the impoverished. And now they want to blame the Feds for not doing enough, not getting there in time, not bringing in enough help. Where was the state's disaster plan? What did the mayor do--the guy that is supposed to know his constituents the best--to make sure his citizens had a place to go to be safe??? Has anybody noticed that the Federal assistance was there at least 2 days FASTER than any other disaster scene? No, nobody noticed that.
And what about that Senator Jefferson guy that had soldiers helping him save his personal belongings? What a crock!!!
There is lots more I'd love to get off my chest, but it's time to fly for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home