Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving insomnia...

It's 2:46 a.m., Thanksgiving morning, 2005, and I have been watcing movies since 11:00. I just keep surfing from one movie to another. I know I should be sleeping--big day tomorrow and all, but for some reason I just cannot shut off my brain.
I am in a pretty busy, but happy place in my life right now, but I am a little shocked at how life with these kids just seems to get busier and busier. The upcoming holiday season has me totally freaked out; I am not sure I can keep up. I already cut back to 4 days of work to try to get caught up around here but so far, I have not had a chance at all to do that; 2 mondays in a row there were other crisis to deal with, then this past Monday, I worked so that I could be off today (well, Wednesday is now yesterday, but that's not the point).
So, laundry is probably piling up, there are pies to make , a turkey to make, I want to do some painting in the "new" family room. My dh, Jeff is off Friday, and so is our friend, Gabe, who is helping us w/ the remodel. I would really like to get the painting done in the new pantry area so that we can do the ceiling and get the fridge and the freezer in there. That will really help me vizualize what the space will be. Once we get the shclves in there, and get the tv in place, it is going to be really cool. We put up a new wall so the family room is smaller, but we have added a pantry.
I am sure this is all boring as hell, but I am just trying to download my brain.
The girls and I went to Darla and Gabe's for dinner tonight. I was able to help with their fireplace project by getting the cable put into the wall of the hearth. Nice to be able to do something for them--besides babysit. Any way, something kinda funny happened; Darla has her computer in their bedroom in the basement, and she and I were looking at some stuff on the 'net. Gabe came in with the newspaper, and climbs in to the bed to read the paper. I said something about needing to get going. He said, why, just because I got into bed? don't worry about it, you don't have to go. It sorta seemed weird, but no big deal really. It feels like we have so few secrets anymore, it's like we are siblings anyway. But it still felt a little weird. But they are so easy to be with, it is really comforting just to have some decent ppl just to hang out with.
Okay, so now I am tired, so I think I will hit the hay.
Happy Turkey Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~stacey~ said...

Good to see you're posting again! Keep it up ; I love reading!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home